Build_solutions_rust and Rust crates

What happens

I am currently working with big integers in Rust. For that I make use of some external crates (num_bigint, num_traits, rand), but when I run build_solutions_rust I get errors regarding this crates.

What do you understand or find about that problem

The errors are caused due to the missing cargo.toml file, and also beacuse the compilation is made using rustc and not cargo

You make any workaround? What did you do?

I was looking at others Rust solutions looking for a workaround, but all solutions seem to use only std crate, which doesn’t throw any error.

Evidences

|
5 | use num_bigint::{BigUint, ToBigUint};
  |     ^^^^^^^^^^ maybe a missing crate `num_bigint`?

I need help with

I would like to know if there’s a way to pass build_solutions_rust when I am using external crates.

Please take a look at this thread:

You can found hints of what to do.

Is there any hint on how to add rust libraries to nix dependencies?

@unlike-driver

We was talking and the decision is to make the challenges with standard libraries.

Maybe in the case of Rust there should be a little more consideration in the subject as the language intentionally has a minimallistic std library, leaving outside of it some basic functions as, for example, generating a random number. It should be allowed to use at least some of the more common libraries, like in the Rust Online Playground.

That is the rule in the Submission Guide.

If you want to discuss the specific case of rust you can open an issue an pin the maintainers to talk about that.