Help in entering commit date

What happens

I am currently having problems when entering the date to the .yml file since, as the documentation says, it is necessary that it be the time in which I think it was committed plus 5 hours, taking into account that it was in Bogota.

What do you understand or find about that problem

The first problem was that I was putting an approximate date to the commit made
taking into account the 5 extra hours.

Pipeline #771141173

Now the problem is that I don’t quite understand what to do to enter the exact time at which the commit was made in the yml file (it should be noted that I understand that this can be seen with git log)

You make any workaround? What did you do?

What I try to do is make a first commit to see the exact time it was done using git log, to later make a second commit in which I saved the exact time I made the first commit and then made a link rebase to merge both commits into one

The problem is that I go from having only a date problem to having other problems

before:

Pipeline #771141173

after:

Pipeline #771820175

Now I understand that you can’t find the links because even if they are, they are not in the commit that I made because they were mounted in the first commit

Evidences

From the following page, take the guide to review the commits

I need help with

Understand how to enter the exact time of commit, because what confuses me is how I enter the exact time that the commit was made if with the commit I prepare the changes to the files to perform the push.

1 Like

Hi,

Remember, everything is in the documentation. When we go to this part of the documentation:

Let’s find an explanation for the date field:

commit-date is the date when the commit was created, you can get it using "git log" command, however you going to need add the UTC date (add 5 hours if you are in Bogota, Colombia) its format will be:"Year-Month-Day Hours:Min:SecondsZ" For example: "2021-04-16 09:41:52Z"

It doesn’t really matter from where you are located. The time must be specified in UTC format.

Regards.

Good morning, yes sir, only if I am having problems doing squash

About this, you can look this post in StackOverflow:

Because you are making 2 commits per MR, and it’s not allowed

Regards.

Hi, Look for git commit --amend.
It allows you to modify one commit without making another, Regards.

3 Likes

Hi, I had the same problem pushing two or more commits after master, so what I started to do is “mixed reset” on the last master commit, then I deleted my branch (when you reset the branch, the changes shouldn’t be lost, make sure of that) stash or directly edit my code and push my branch again with all modifications in just 1 commit. Note that you have to check out the master first or it will drag other changes with yours, regards

2 Likes