Where can I find the challenges location?

What happens

I am new here and I am not sure where to find the challenges. I am junior ethical hacker candidate.

What do you understand or find about that problem

I found this link on the doc.instructions Hack Sites Ranking but I am not sure is it is the correct site.

Did you try any workaround? What did you do?

Yes, I have been diving around the autonomic jump instructions, I have read it more than five times I am still not finding where the challenges are.

Evidences

I found this url in the instructions, but I was expected physical machines, ip addresses, or something to work.
https://app.autonomicjump.com/sites-ranking-hack/

I need help with

I need help finding the challenges location.

Hi mate! Welcome to the forum!

First of all, I recommend to you check if your username is in the policies in the repo. If your username isn’t there, talk with Juan Salas to fix that.

If you’re in the policies, then check which policy you’re in. If you are in the hacking policy, you can find the challenges in sites like HackTheBox, TryHackMe, and others (there are defined in the repo under the hack folder). But if you’re in the vbd_only, then you can just do challenges from Vulnhub.

You just need to find a challenge that is not in the repo and solve it. To make the report I recommend you to look at a report that has already been accepted (it can be someone else’s, the idea is to use it as a template so you have less bugs to fix), and after that you upload the challenge to the repository.

If you are having errors with the pipelines (which is normal), check if nobody had that problem before, and if nobody had it, we will be here to help you.

I hope you do very well with the challenges. If you have any questions feel free to contact me.

Cheers!

PD: The link you found is about the platforms where you can get the challenges to solve them, but that’s only if you are in the hacking policy, if you are in vbd_only you have to do Vulnhub (they don’t add more valid platforms to get challenges yet).

1 Like

Thank you so much for your help. My username is under the Junior list, so I assume I can do the challenges in sites like HackTheBox, TryHackMe, and others (there are defined in the repo under the hack folder). Am I right?

From what I see it looks like you are in the policy as a developer, but maybe the policy names have changed since I finished the immersion stage (I was in December 2023). So I recommend you talk to Juan Salas to clarify which policy you are in and in case you are in the wrong one he will make the correction.

Greetings!