Detailed explanation to the technical challenges

What happens

I am new to this platform and I am a candidate for junior developer, therefore I must be for the code side. I don’t know how to start the technical challenge.

What do you understand or find about that problem

I already have a gitlab account and you have enabled the Autonomic Jump repository, the next step is to clone this repository on my personal computer?

Did you try any workaround? What did you do?

I haven’t tried to do anything yet because I don’t know what step is next after creating the gitlab account.

(Optional) Why does the workaround fail?

N/A

Evidences

N/A

I need help with

I need you to explain me what to do to start solving the technical challenge, having already enabled the repository and created the account in gitlab, what are the next steps.

4 Likes

Hello, how are you?
Something to keep in mind regarding the process, is that they evaluate your ability to self-learn and to provide solutions to problems that come your way.
There are several publications in the forum with this same question to which no answer is given and I guess it is for the reason mentioned above.

The documentation provides you with the information for which you should inquire, I recommend you to read it point by point and for each clue that you do not understand, investigate.

I can give you as a starting point, use vitualBox(virtual machine), to which you will install linux(ubuntu), since in this environment they recommend to work, followed by installing gitbash and cloning the challenge repository.
remember to make the corresponding configurations regarding git: General Criteria | Autonomic Jump

I hope it will help you in case you are still waiting, and it will also help anyone who reads this answer.

1 Like

thanks Juan, I needed to install the virtual machine.

Hi @commercial-van, visual studio code must also be installed on ubuntu OS running in the virtual machine?

the ideal would be to adapt all your work environment in ubuntu, this includes the visual studio code editor.