Setting up the Vulnhub lab

Hello Community!

What happens

I am trying to set up my laboratory with Vulnhub, I downloaded a .iso file from a challenge and have my Kali Linux installed on VMware Fusion. When I try to ping the machine file that I downloaded from vulnhub, I can’t cause the “network is unreachable”.

What do you understand or find about that problem

I understand that they are not communicating and I need to create a NAT configuration on my VM.

Did you try any workaround? What did you do?

I have searched on VMware documentation on how to create a NAT configuration on my VM but there is an issue, I am working on Mac OS, and since Big Sur OS Apple disabled the use of third-party kernel and fusion basically works with Apple network virtualization API.

I need help with

The setting up of the Vulnhub lab

Hello awkward-party,

the optimal solution for your situation is to set up your virtual network in Bridge mode to enable direct access to your physical network. You can find numerous guides on how to do this, including from vulnhub itself. If you encounter any issues with Apple restrictions, consider using UTM, which can natively virtualize on MacOS. Please don’t hesitate to reply if you require further assistance.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, I have checked the Vulnhub guide before and I faced the Apple restrictions, so in this case I think that the best option is to use UTM.

Thanks!