Issue with format, No final newline expected

What happens

When running the pipeline [/test/generic/basic_format], an error occurs: “No final newline expected.” Despite attempting to add an extra newline by pressing enter, the error persists. Additionally, changing Visual Studio from CRLF to LF hasn’t resolved the issue.
evidence

What do you understand or find about that problem

This error typically occurs when there is an unexpected absence of a newline character at the end of a file. It seems like the system expects a newline character (\n) at the end of the file, but it’s not finding one. This can happen due to various reasons such as incorrect file encoding or formatting issues.

Did you try any workaround? What did you do?

I attempted to add an extra newline character manually by pressing enter at the end of the file. Furthermore, I switched the line endings in Visual Studio from CRLF (Carriage Return Line Feed) to LF (Line Feed) in an attempt to align with the expected newline character format. However, these efforts did not resolve the issue.

If the job works correctly in the repository, there is nothing to worry about. However I recommend you to always have LF enabled.

Best regards,

Thank you for your email. I appreciate your message.

I’m going to try it again.

Best regards,

1 Like