Unzip wont work in Kali

What happens

I’m trying to do the suspicious malware extension challenge from letsdefend.io, but i can’t seem to log in to my account on Kali Linux, it says one of my credential are wrong. I have used the exact same credential in windows and am able to log in. But my main problem is the FinanceEYEfeeder.zip file where the malicious extension is located. As I am unable to open the page in Kali I’m forced to download the .zip file on my windows and then transfer it to Kali VM. But it wont open.

What do you understand or find about that problem

I am unsure if its an issue with the commands used or the file in itself. Do I need to download it straight to kali? I have used shared folders and the drag and drop method to move the .zip file to Kali could that affect it as well?

Did you try any workaround? What did you do?

I have installed unzip but it does not work, i have applied the password in the terminal as well as through the gui but it turns up empty.

Evidences

I need help with

What am I doing wrong? How can I fix this?

Hi,

Try changing the .crx extension of the file for .zip and then unzip.

If the last advice doesn’t work, please try using specialized apps like: GitHub - Tuhinshubhra/ExtAnalysis: Browser Extension Analysis Framework - Scan, Analyze Chrome, firefox and Brave extensions for vulnerabilities and intels

Regards!

Hi, thanks. I was able to unzip the file by installing 7-zip as it seem that the other unzip I installed was not a good match to this file. AS it let me see that there was a .crx file but would not let me access it in any way or form.