Error Merge Request (username)

What happens

I have problems creating the merge of my branch in the master, but I do not understand why, previously I had problems with the username, which has already been modified.

What do you understand or find about that problem

I understand that it is an error with the username, but this has already been modified

You make any workaround? What did you do?

Modify the username so that it is not capitalized and also re-created the branch, to have a single commit

(Optional) Why fails your workaround?

I don’t know, the solution for the restrictions necessary to create the merge request, but this is where it fails

Evidences

I need help with

I need guidance with the realization of the merge request, because the commit and the solution have no problems, reading in other publications, they said that it was a problem of the username or the number of commits made, I really do not know in the evidence it can be seen that It’s because of the name, but I don’t understand
thanks

Hi! If you see the error show an example of how must be your username “First_name Last_name”, I think you are using the name of your branch as your name but this is different.

//With folowing line you can see which is your username now
$ git config --global user.name

// You can change your username with this following line, You just need to modify 
//"First_name Last_name" remember capitilized first letter
$ git config --global user.name "First_name Last_name"
1 Like

Oh I didn’t take that into account, thank you, that was the problem, I already believe the MR :slight_smile:

Hi, I have the same problem, but I already changed the user-name and it still show me the ERROR.

pls add evidences of the debug message that you are getting

Now it tells me I have “ñ” in my name but also it says it should be with the “ñ”.

Or can I put my last name without “ñ”?

you can’t use “ñ” character, use n instead
if the problem persists let me know

1 Like

@uneasy-ruler
Hello how are you doing?
I have the same problem, I already changed the user with the command:
git config --global --replace-all user.name “Sebastian Mondragon”
But the error continues

https://gitlab.com/autonomicjump/challenges/-/jobs/2067506351